The Board is the legal authority for the Central Okanagan Elizabeth Fry Society. As a member of the Board, a Community Representative acts in a position of trust for the community and is responsible for the effective governance of the organization.
Requirements of a Board Member include:
1. Commitment to the work and values of the organization.
2. Knowledge and skills on one or more areas of board governance: policy, finance, program, human resource and / or advocacy.
3. Attendance at Board meetings. one per month except during the summer.
4. Sit on a minimum of one of the organization’s committees and attend the meetings for that committee(s).
5. Attendance at the Annual General Meeting.
6. Support and participate in special events and / or fundraising events.